Business owners are often left scratching their heads trying to figure out new ways to improve employee morale. The typical approach to increasing satisfaction on the job is often done so through the introduction of a raise. However, it’s now known that recognition is the leading factor in the improvement of morale and satisfaction for those in the workforce. 
Consider the use of certifications.
The SimpleCert platform has been designed to easily create certifications and the management of the process in an easy-to-use manner for any number of applicable ideas. One such idea it could be applied to would be the recognition of employee behavior.
By highlighting the great, outgoing motives of an employee – the business receives the following:
• An opportunity to educate employees about practices that will improve safety, job performance, and customer interaction/satisfaction
• An opportunity to generate internal competition to drive employees to reach loftier goals and milestones set forth by the company
• An opportunity to vet potential employees through the introduction of certifications thus fine tuning the selection process due to outgoing activities of an individual
The process of creating these certifications are very easy and have been well-documented through the tutorial videos found in the SimpleCert HQ.
Here is how one can go about implementing a certification to improve morale:
1. Determine a key area of discipline in the work environment that can be achieved by a specific department (or all possible participants) while remaining a challenge; this could be customer retention, sales, or even logistics for the warehouse.
2. Create a short, but informative, course (text-based or video) which takes the employee through the learning process along with small tests to keep them engaged. This course can be setup the same as one would find in a general education environment.
3. Announce the launch of the certification course and utilize the SimpleCert features and platform to gather participants and begin tracking progress. Congratulate and award individuals upon completion of the course through the certification but also place them in the spotlight within the business to give them recognition and pride.
The scale of the certification can be to ones’ choosing and may extend well beyond the current work environment. A business with a strong brand recognition could propel the employee further into the industry through the recognition of these certifications once they become coveted by others.
A boost to morale is a boost to satisfaction (and profits). Allow SimpleCert to pave the way.
Business owners are often left scratching their heads trying to figure out new ways to improve employee morale. The typical approach to increasing satisfaction on the job is often done so through the introduction of a raise. However, it’s now known that recognition is the leading factor in the improvement of morale and satisfaction for those in the workforce.